Friday, May 21, 2010

A Sleepover, Justin Bieber and Second Place

Sleepover!! Eeeeek!!

Sophia joined us this evening for a little bit of fun. We went to Nate's school carnival, won all kinds of crap that I expect to be vacuuming out of my couch in a week, drove through McDonalds and came home to eat, watch "Electric Company" and then go to bed. We kicked Nathan out of his room and I think every single eye closed before heads hit the pillow. I was looking forward to fun conversations from our other "first sleepover" from so many years ago with Sophia's older sister Alexis! But, these girls were exhausted and apparently wanted to sleep.

However, there was one conversation of the night between Sophia and myself that simply could not be overlooked...

"So Sophia, who is your favorite, favorite singer?"

"Uuuuum, Justin Bieber."

"Really? Why?"

"I don't know....he's just, like, the best singer in the world!"

"Wow, he's that good? Is he better than me? 'Cause I'm a pretty good singer too."

"You are? How good are you?"

"Well, they let me have my own microphone on stage Sunday mornings."

"Hmmmm, let me hear you sing something and then I will tell you if you are good."

I froze up in front of the 5 year old audience and the subject was dropped as we ran as fast as we could to the car, "first one there is a rotten egg!" (Lucy has never gotten that right.)

Fast forward to bedtime.....

"Mommy? Will you sing "I Like Your Eyes" and rub our heads?"

"Well, I can't rub everyone's heads but I will sing it to you."

After the song was over....

Sophia sits up..."Uuuum, I like you. But, hmmmm, I like Justin Bieber too. Eeny Meeny Miney Moe, catch a tiger by the toe, if he hollers let him go. My Mommy said to pick the very best one and you are it. I like Justin Bieber."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah....but it's really because of his HAIR. I like his hair the best."

I was Eeny Meenie'd into second place and the decision was based on hair? I could SO take that Justin Bieber kid.

5 comments:

  1. I think your hair is WAY better than Justin Bieber :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love conversing with that girl and your hair totally way better. Let me see Justin B. try to french braid his hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love conversing with that girl and your hair totally way better. Let me see Justin B. try to french braid his hair. anyway thanx for sharing, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete