Monday, October 05, 2009

Mommy Doesn't Eat Dead Grapes.

The bag comes home and everyone rejoices.

David and Nathan usually rejoice with a similar "Yeah!" and Lucy squeeks while Ella just points and grunts (she is still a baby after all.) I get the scooper and open the bag while Nathan or Lucy help me get little plastic bowls for everyone.

Everyone usually gets 2-3 scoops. and the bowls are handed out. Only Ella's needs some removing of a few things that she can't quite chew yet.

We all sit at the table and crunch. and crunch. And talk (sometimes with our mouths full) and crunch. After a few minutes, it begins......

"Mommy, can I have your raisins?"

"Nathan, I will take all your cashews-I do not understand why you don't like them!"

"Daddy, Ella is saying 'More,' I think she wants more raisins."

"Lucy don't forget, no more M&M's for you, they are dairy. Want a bunch of my peanuts instead?"

"Daddy, can I have some of your--" "No, Daddy eats all the stuff in his."


We are a family of 5.
Ella can only eat the raisins.
Lucy eats the nuts and raisins.
Nathan will eat peanuts and M&M's.
Mommy eats everything BUT the raisins.
Daddy eats it all.


It makes me smile how a bag of Trail Mix from Costco can bring our family together.

4 comments:

  1. thats super cute! and you guys just balance each other perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! That stuff is so super yummy!

    I would eat it all, Jared would eat the nuts & M&M's, Ashlyn would eat the M&M's, Daniel would eat the nuts & Ryan hasn't had it yet but he'd eat it all if I let him LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! You've got it right Beth, everything but the raisins! They should come out with a mix w/o raisins, so i can stop picking through the bag in order to avoid them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES. Costco trail mix is a special weakness of mine. I like one part raisin to one part m&m, and I like the almonds. This is making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete