Friday, October 12, 2007

And That's Why He's MY David

The day I told David that I wanted to marry him was July 4, 1995. I don't think, if you'd asked me then, if I would have been able to give you a detailed list as to WHY. So much of it just "felt right." I was 18, in love and young. Probably too young to even make up my mind about matters of the heart.


David and I got engaged about a year later and married a year after that. This year we celebrated 10 years of marriage. There isn't a whole lot that completely surprises me anymore-although every once in awhile he will pull something out of left field and try to find a function for all the leftover crusts cut off star shaped sandwiches for a birthday party.


Tomorrow the local firehouse is going to have an Open House. David planned to take Nathan and Nicholas to the Open House ("Mommy! We might even get to slide down the pole!") and possibly to the Miramar Air Show as well. David is excited to take the boys and Nathan has been talking about the firehouse for many days.


At work today, a coworker asked if David could cover a meeting tomorrow morning. It would only be a couple of hours and if David covered it, the co-worker would give us a very large gift certificate to any restaurant we desired.


After 10 years of marriage, 2 years of dating and more "moments of truth" in those years than an average Lifetime movie, I was not surprised to hear that David and my boys will be at the firehouse tomorrow.


He can lose all his hair, he can gain over 50 pounds, he can become a mouth breather even but no matter what, he will always be the most handsome, most wonderful, most amazing man I have ever known. And I don't think I could love him more than I do right now.

1 comment:

  1. Because he is, after all, an aMAZing husband. What a wonderful example of why.

    ReplyDelete