Tuesday, August 19, 2008

One Day Down...12 First Days of School Left


Well, all the dry runs of years past made today just any other "First Day of School." He was an expert at posing on the front lawn, he ate a healthy breakfast, he woke up at God Awful:Thirty begging me to let him get dressed.


It all sounds about right!


There isn't a whole lot to tell: We dropped off, we said goodbye, we did our best to not trip over the little girl who was hiding under the table. (Seriously.)


I could barely hang onto him as he ran off to join his classmates on the rug with his teacher. I don't think David even caught a kiss. Lucy was too busy trying to steal the crayons. (They were brand new, I am sure they were calling to her. I completely understand.)



When we walked out I was fine. When we crossed the street to the car I was fine. It was when we climbed in and realized I forgot to pray with him that I started crying. I was mad at myself for forgetting that.



We dropped David off so he could go to work, and The Girls and I went to the Original Pancake House and drowned our sorrows in carbs and syrup. It really was the only solution.



After school, I was greeted by a smiley faced boy who likes school but said that pre school is more fun. I got a report about a gingerbread man story and how Nathan is going to suggest a camp out to his teacher. In tents. To see if the gingerbread men escape in the night.



Here is the media coverage of Nate's First Day......






The Backpack...Jansport. Simple. Star Wars Patch Necessary.






He looks so little heading into school....





...but he came out looking so much older.

He was even just a little happy to see Lucy.





I think we can declare school a success.

14 comments:

  1. Yay for first days! We will be there two weeks from today. Garrett is so excited. So many first for him.. and so many lasts for me. It truly is bitter sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply, just can not believe it Benny. We are HERE! How did we go from car seat playdates to kindergarten so quickly?!

    I will be posting my tearful 1st day of Kindergarten blog up in a few weeks and I won't believe that it is mine.

    I'm so proud of Nate and you still have tomorrow morning to pray. And the next day. And the next day. And the next day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg i love the starwars patch... i need carbs and syrup for alyssa sorrows lol

    he can't be this old. But at least he likes school praise God for that.
    and pray twice tomorrow God will totally understand

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe it! Praise God that he was so excited and had a wonderful day. Glad you and the girls were able to enjoy OPH! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Glad It Was...

    A Happy First Day of school.

    Love ya pal
    Troy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how the backpacks are ginormous on them at this age! One day very soon, the backpacks will look and be normal. Let's treasure this while they are still 'little'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't think it could have gone any better! What a great first day of school. I am so happy that your girls were there to enjoy an awesome breafast together. Ohh, and I too LOVE the starwars patch! That just completed the whole ensemble!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay Nathan! But, um, I will so NOT be ready to do that in three years.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww so cute. The boys had a great day as well except lunch had too many rules and they were mean. Otherwise it was a go again today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to Nate and you on a great start! He must have had a really terrific time 'cause I swear he's floating in the air in that pic of him coming out of the school. His angels will be looking out for him every day, I can tell.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yea Nate What a champ he is! And... he gets to go to THAT school. So cool- I always wanted to know someone that went there, it looks so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous photos of a historical occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always loved the first day of school, Yea, Nathan! I don't recognize the school - where's he going?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice way to capture his 1st day! Glad he was so happy about it!!

    ReplyDelete