Sunday, May 20, 2007

The One With Eternity...

I am extremely pleased to introduce you to
one of the newest members of the Family of God...




Our church had Baptism by the Bay today and Nathan was shocked seeing the people go in the water with their clothes on. "That's not okay, Mommy." I explained to him that this was a very special case and told him a little bit about baptism.

Later, while I was getting my shoulders rubbed by my friend, Nathan came over to me and said he wanted to be baptized int he water with his clothes on. I told him that if he wanted to do that, he would have to pray a prayer to ask Jesus into his heart. We talked about why we do that and talked through what Jesus did for us so we can live forever with him. I asked Nathan, "Do you want to pray that prayer?" And he said yes. We prayed together and by the time I was done praying with him, a small group of our friends were standing around listening. It was special to share such a cool moment with all of them.

After we were done, I asked Nathan how his heart felt. He said it felt good and I told him it was because JESUS was living inside his heart now! And he said, "I want to get baptized right now!" I stopped him and said we'd talk more about it later. That probably next summer we would get baptized.

We walked around and told many of our friends who were so excited for Nathan (and for David and me too.) Nathan shied away from some of the attention-he wasn't sure what to do with it. But undoubtably, the excitement and joy he received from the friends and grown ups he knows and loves, helps him realize how important it was and I know that today is one that will last in my memory forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment