Friday, November 14, 2008

No Need to Cross Check This One

Nathan is sitting on the couch, pondering the choices he thinks he has for dinner.

"Mommy, can I have a quesadilla again for dinner? Just for special?"*

"We don't have any more tortillas, Nathan."**

"Hmmmm, what else is made with cheese that I can have for dinner?"

Definitely my kid.




* = "Just for special" is a phrase I used one time. Once. ONCE. And now I hear it ALL. THE. TIME. This leads me to the hypothesis that when buying ice cream for the kids out of the blue, I could insert any phrase like "Mommy, you are beautiful and I shall always obey you" as the reason we are purchasing said ice cream and it would then stick as a magical phrase they always remember.

** = Sometimes I will still discuss the perceived dinner options to simply further the nightly delusion he has that he gets to make all the choices in his life. It's how I get my kicks.

1 comment:

  1. Not sure the Mommy you are beautiful phrase woud stick...that woud be too easy. They catch on quick, huh??

    ReplyDelete