Monday, November 14, 2011

Her Name is Lily

This week was International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church. A day set aside to remind Christians to pray for their brothers and sisters who are not living in a place where they can worship Jesus freely without living under threat.

And you know, as I think about it, this isn't just an issue for those who are "religious." It is a concern of anyone who is American. Anyone who appreciates the freedom THEY have been given to worship as they choose.

Confession: I think everyone deserves to choose whom/what they want to worship.
Confession, Part Two: I feel-very strongly-that I have found the correct path to happiness and peace.
Confession, Part Three: I would really really love to talk to you about it.

So this week is dedicated to those who need our prayers. Those who have been imprisoned, tortured or left homeless because they choose to follow Jesus.

People like Lily......

No comments:

Post a Comment