Sunday, November 07, 2010

The Post My Sister Promises She Will Never Read

Today was another day of photo shoots-about half as many families as yesterday so I apparently I should only be half as exhausted.

But I'm not here to talk about the beauty of photographing, instead I am here to tell an embarrassing story about myself-yay!

I had a 2 hour break in the shooting this afternoon and came home to grab some lunch and upload the memory cards I had. I started nuking my soup and decided that I was going to use my Neti Pot. I had been a little stuffy all day, it was more than my regular allergy medicine regime could handle and I figured that pouring a little warm saline through my nostrils was just the ticket.

About an hour later, I was photographing a family (who also happened to be dear old friends as well.) We were all over the beach and had found a perfect rock with the perfect shade to catch some shots of the sweet three year old of the family. In trying to get her to smile, I tiled my head, and the camera, alllllll the way to the right.

That's when I felt it. It was running down my face, onto the camera just a little bit and down my shirt.
It was Neti Pot Saline...RUNNING OUT OF MY NOSE!!

Thankfully, the three year old was being incredibly cute and all eyes were on her.......not on the photographer wiping saline off of her face.



When telling the story to my sister and her hubby on the phone later, Kris figured it out: "The saline sensed the presence of it's own kind...it just wanted to go home!"

8 comments:

  1. ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
    that should have come with a "if you are of weak constitution don't read" type warning :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blech. Just one of the many reasons that I hate Neti Pots. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to go online and watch last week's Cougar Town!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neti Pots rock! They keep running and running and running.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never had such an issue, nor heard of anyone else with this issue...my goodness you are an original!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, this is slightly funny but only because I wasn't the one mortified! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete