Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Waterproof Uncle

Well friends, it is the Busy Season for Family Photographers. We have been taking pictures of some very beautiful people and even had an all day shoot recently. So we had to call on the assistance of AUNT TEE TEE (who comes with her own superhero theme music) and now that she's a married lady this also includes UNCLE KRIS (who will one day have his own theme music, but for now only gets his name in all caps.)

The plan was for Kris and Kristy to wrangle Zablets while David and I wrangled other people's kids and attempted to get that ONE SHOT for the family Christmas cards. But since David had to call in sick with the flu and was barely coherant enough to put on his own socks (I really wish I was kidding about that) the plan changed to Kristy assisting me with the shoot and Kris wrangling Zablets and a 102 degree David.

The shoot went really well and we had a TON of fun with our families and when we called on the way home to see how things were, we heard a lot of giggling. Ella was put on the phone telling us she was drawing on Kris's head. Thinking we misheard, we spoke to Lucy who confirmed the story. And finally we got Kris on the phone who said, indeed, he'd allowed the girls to color with my (brand new and special gifted from Michelle) markers atop his bald-tastic skull.

And, well, they were all telling the truth.....







I was so sure that David was completely surrendered to his fever and out of it because "there is no way he'd let this happen if he had his wits about him" I reported to Kristy on the way home.

Wrong again. His fever had dipped, he was up watching Fox News and laughing at his brother in law. Just when you think you know someone.......

13 comments:

  1. I think Id like to move in so that I can witness and be apart of events such as this.

    Kris - what an awesomely spectatular uncle you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He wins the uncle of the year award for sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. a part of me wanted to read that the makers weren't washable. but that would be mean. right? is it terribly wrong of me to want that? (just for the sake of a good story, that's all, I promise) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is BEYOND awesome! Uncle Kris is a keeper for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhh, love the hair of many colors! How hard was it to wash out?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. My. Gosh. This is probably the GREATEST thing EVER. EVER(said louder than the first)!!! Kris, you are my hero.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kris for the win as Best Uncle ever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Uncle Kris is a keeper for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete